After reading a post on Only Here For the Food about how The Polenta Pie that I featured back in November did not go over so well, I decided to take a look at all the recipes that I have posted over the past year and make an “ in-no-particular-order-best-of-list”.
I figure that this list will make choosing a recipe for dinner even easier. I will preface this by saying that not everything I cook gets posted on Cookbook Cooks, not by a long shot, so a considerable amount of pre-screening does go on. As a result, EPC and I think everything that has made its way onto the blog is yummy, even The Polenta Pie.
However, we would both agree that some recipes rate higher on the “yumminess” scale than others. So, with a person’s individual taste aside, the recipes that made the best of list are guaranteed meals that EPC and I cook repeatedly and/or that guests have thoroughly enjoyed (none of which are particularly difficult to prepare either!)
- Katchoomber Salad
- Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Bake
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Chili
- Ethiopian Lentil Stew
- Nigerian Kidney Bean Stew with Peanut Sauce
- Three Sister’s Stew with Corn Dumplings
- Easy Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
- Greek Lentil Soup
- Fire Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup
- Spicy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup with Spinach
- Easy Chipotle Mac and Cheese
- Thai Noodles
- Black Bean Skillet Casserole with Cornbread Topping
- Gluten Free Spanakopita
- Quick and Easy Veggie Burgers
If you give any of these recipes a try, let me know. Should they have made the cut or not?